HARD TO START

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 299000 miles

93 GC Limited 4.0 is hard to start

if I just turn to run position I will not start

if I turn to on 3 times then turn to start it fires right up and then shut off and then start right up on first crank

but if it sits for an hour or over night it wont start

ive changed air filter, oil filter, oil, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, plugs, wires, cap, rotor

next is either o2 sensor, crank or cam shaft sensor, feul pump, or ecu

not sure what to do

any help would be great!
Millardo21

Hi millardo21, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Lets start by actually checking the fuel pressure if its within specs and get back with the readings we start here

I will go to advance auto and see if they have a fuel pressure gauge that I can rent and will post my finding tomorrow thanx for the help will be donating more $$$ upon the resolution of my problem!

Millardo21
It was a problem with the cars computer I wasnt sending a ground when the key is turned to activate the pump for 2 sec. Found this after a $400 fuel pump replacement now a $100 computer!

GLAD ITS FIXED!

Millardo21
Im glad you got it going and TY for coming back with the fix, for the others to benefit from it-Sounds like the computer control of the fuel pump relay ground circuit to the coil side of the relay is defective