CHECK ENGINE LIGHT UNAVAILABLE

1987 Jeep Comanche

1987 Jeep Comanche 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to check my fault codes without the check engine light and without a scanner? Maybe with a test light or ohm meter on some certain pin on the diag. Connector? I have driveability issues but it looks like someone pulled the bulb from the check engine light and on closer inspection the wiring to the bulb is also missing.
Tfriday

I don't know another way to check for codes. My advice is to fix the check engine lite and circuits. You might borrow a scanner that will show live engine data. Some makes and models, I've seen it where the cel wouldn't work for whatever reason,but, using the scanner, I could look at live engine data. I don't remember about the codes. If your having driveability issues, you could check the symptoms? The wiring info below is for the check engine lite. It does show a lite driver module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_jeep_check_engine_lite_1.jpg

Internetmechanic