ELECTRIC FAN

Jeep Cherokee

2002 jeep grand cherokee 48000 miles. The electric fan will not run causing overheating. The fuse is good and used a test light to determine no power to the fan. Does this have a relay? If so where is it? Auto parts store said it does not have a listing but it could still have one. Please advise.
Kizdrawt

Im not near my diagrams for your car, but most of these systems are controlled by the PCM. It takes inputs from the engine coolant temperature sensor and the air conditioning system and decides when the fan is needed.
Most systems will run the fan, or one of two fans when you select the airconditioning on. The other relies on that temp sensor. I would probably replace the sensor. Find out from your parts store if they list more than one coolant temp sensor. Some cars do one for the indication inside and one for the PCM. Make sure you replace the correct one.

Mikeybdman
I had the same problem. The solid state relay is under the right side headlight. But be carefull there is a airbag senor that is in sight but not under the headlight. You have to remove the batt. Fuse & relay compartment & batt. Holder to get to the relay This is the only relay from the fuse to the motor You sould have 13 volts with the A/C on at the small black wire I belive the green wire is a feedback to the computer. The bigger gray wire comes from the fuse & changes to green at the relay to the fan motor. It took me about 3 hours to find so I hope this saves you some time And I do not think the PCM is in play. Make sure you have control voltage at the relay from the sensors because the relay cost $60

Larry38