98 GRAND

1998 Jeep Cherokee

I have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 160k on it that was in a minor accident. Damage is to the front but the airbags did not deploy. The Jeep will start but shuts right down. I assume the factory alarm is shutting it down. Locking and unlocking the door, doors or rear hatch disarms the alarm but does not solve my problem. How can I disable the factory alarm?
D Iverosn

I don't know how much damage you got, but behind the grill back side of bumper is main wiring harness to vehicle, which holds the ign feed wire(among @20 other wires)red/wht @ 10 guage, I have repaired this wire for corrosion w/ the start stall symptom, you might have stressed it and this may/may not be your problem, but it's a good place to start, make sure you ck where it wraps around the sides of the core support. It's a pain to cut all of the tape and loom loose though. Ck. It out let me know if you find what I described, I probably fixed @25 of these when I worked at a jeep dealer. Happy hunting

Retiredauto