SECURITY LIGHT ALARM IN THE DASH ON 93 J

1993 Jeep Cherokee

1993 Jeep Cherokee V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Dear Srs, I have two questions:
1. I've been ''on'' the Security light in the dash about one week, How can I reset the alarm. The alarm system is not the original (I think) it is VPS model XCL, and I change the back hook door, it was so oxided and I forgot change the keylock so I can't use the keylock on it. By the way I lost the key entry, I bypassed the alarm system for a while. How can I reset the Security light on the dash? It will work swhing the key at the driver door?

2. Why the gasoline pump take so long to start when I pass the ignition switch? I have to wait untill the ''Check engine'' light comes flashing and then ''on''?
Thanks Victor
Vigideme

Could be a weak fuel pump or relay. Ifit has an aftermarket alarm system, I would remove it entirely. They sometimes " fight" withe hfactory alarms and can cause problems. The drivers door should turn off your security light, if not you need to get the rear lock re-keyed

Jack42
Thanks, Jack, I tried to reset the alarm from driver lock key and it does not work. Can I use the right lock key in the rear door? Because It does not have se same lock key.
Wher are the fuel pump and the relay? They are easy to change by myself.

Thanks.

Vigideme
Should be able to reset the factory alarm with the rear door lock. The fuel pump is in the gas tank and the relay I would need to know which Cherokee itis, thereae 7 different ones

Jack42
Hi, it is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 1993, 8 Cyl, 5.2 4x4 allways.
If I unplug the Jeep system alarm (in the glove panel) the car will still running.

I deside to change the thief system alarm because I do not have the key RF control, so how can I reset the Security light alarm in the dash panel if the rear door lock key is not the same, can I change the right door lock key for the rear door lock key?

Thanks, Victor

Vigideme