BROKEN PISTON ROD: ODDS

1993 Jeep Cherokee

1993 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 220200 miles

*Sport

I own a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport which has broken a rod, I would like to rebuild it, what are the chances of it working without me having the crankshaft turned, but if I file it to the micrometer myself if it isn't that bad. I have faith in the Jeep being able to run on 5 cylinder no doubtfully.
Maddog4696

Not good. The bearing surfaces are polished. It really depends on what went when it broke. If the rod had a defect and broke then the bearing surfaces may be fine. If the rod and bearing seized on the journal, then it will need to be turned and polished.
As for running on 5 cylinders? Why would you want to do that? That is very hard on an engine due to the extra vibration and the fact that the other cylinders have to pick up the extra load. Which causes even more of an uneven power pulse that the crank has to absorb.

Consaka