WONT CRANK OVER

1990 Jeep Cherokee

1990 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles

I go out to start my jeep and it wont crank over.
I was told the starter was ok.
Its acting like when I go and start it its not getting any spark.
Can you please tell me whats going on here?
Junemarie52

Pick your symptom: **Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

**No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.