CONVERATIBLE TOP

1999 Jaguar XK8

1999 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 46000 miles

I was trying to open top and the fluid leaked from the backview mirror assembly, so I locked it manually with the supplied tool and ordered repair kit from Jagbit. My mechanic (not Jag mechanic) repaired the fluid lines using the kit. Now when I push the button, the small window glass goes down as it suppose to, and I can hear the motor run in the trunk, but the top won't open. Am I missing a step here, what should be done. Thanks and Regards.
Sal
Salzaf1

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

I am not a Jag mechanic but reading the operation system, i see that there is a by-pass valve that you turn to manually operate the roof, now if that valve was not re set i feel that the hydraulics will be over ridden and not operate the roof,the 1/4 vent is electric and not governed by that part of the system, just a thought have a look at the valve.

mark (mhpautos)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_1_23.jpg

Mhpautos