PLEASE HELP VANDEN PLAS WONT START

1998 Jaguar XJ8

The past couple days my 1998 jaguar vanden plas xj8 v8 has had trouble getting started. It has 146,000 miles on it. I somehow was pushing the gas and getting it to start. It seemed fine as the car got warmed up and I went about my day, but the original start I was having to push the gas to get it to fire. Then yesterday I tried to leave my house and the car would just trun over it was not getting any fuel or fire or something im not really sure. It just continues to turn over but not start. Me and my dad replaced the spark plugs last night and that did nothing, It still wont start. Can anyone out there please give us your input on what might be the problem and how we can go about fixing it. Thank You.
Swanson1125

Check fuel pump. Expensive part but sounds like the problem. Should be inside gas tank. You can also continue with the full tune up(wires rotor distibuter and cap fuel filter air filter etc.) Might get lucky. But I think its the fuel pump

Goodsamaritan742
Before buying Pump check if you have any current gong to the pump by removing covering to tank unplug the socket and with the ignition on check voltage with a meter if above 12. Volts this is not your problem now check if you have spark at plug if not it is probably a ecm fault some time Known as a pcm. Now the best thing to do now is plug in a orb11 reader the 16pin plug is normaly just under the the footwell at the top next to centre consul.
The usual cause is moisture corroding the pins to ecu this is behind the side kick panel in footwell

Costadelboy
ALSO TRY CRANK ANGLE SENSOR AS THIS CAUSES YOUR PROBLEM AND DOES NOT AWAYS SHOW A FAULT CODE

Costadelboy
Hello, I believe you should perform a compression test
these motors had problems with secondary tensioners going bad and throwing off the exhaust valve timing, causing no compression that should be the fisrt thing before replacing fuel pump.

Fstranger302