SHAKES AND SEEMS LIKE ITS RUNNING OUT OF PO

2000 Jaguar XJ8

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Automatic 126k miles

hello I have 2000 jaguar xj8 L with 126k miles on it. Today I started my car and out of no where the check engine light came on and on my dash it said " Restricted Performance" can someone help me out please. I also have ABS light on what should I do?
Aamir786

You will need to have the PCM scanned for trouble codes to see why it is in the restricted performance mode. This is the computers way of telling you there is a problem, then it goes into that mode to make sure no damage can be done (in theory. LOL) The ABS light may be related, but your best bet will be to find a shop with the software capable of scanning both the ABS and the PCM to see where to begin fixing it

Jack42
What is PCM

Aamir786
Oops, sorry. PCM is the Powertrain Control Module, or the computer that controls the engine management system. It also communicates with the trans/ABS and other onboard computers for specific info

Jack42