PASSENGER SIDE HOOD WILL NOT RELEASE

1998 Jaguar XJ8

Interior problem
1998 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

The passenger side hood release cable on my 1998 Jaguar XJ8 is loose. Apparently, there has been a compromise to the cable system someplace. When I inspected the two cables near the manual pull latch, the driver's side latch is tight and works perfectly (ironically, it is the cable on the right side). The cable on the left is loose. It was so loose, I was able to pull the end (with metal ball) out of the plastic casing and pull cable out about 3 inches. The passenger side will not release and the hood will not open completely. Again the driver's side works well and releases. I desperately need to open my hood, as I have recently received a message light to check my coolant level. How can I bypass the manual cable and release the passenger side hood latch?
Mjmaxwell

Pull on the loose cable as hard as possible with pliars. If the cable is broken you will need to remove the front grill to release the hood

Dave H