MECHANICAL ERROR CODES REGISTERING

1998 Jaguar XJ8

Other Category problem
1998 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

I stopped to get gas Friday night, shut the car off, put gas in, went to start it and it wouldn't start. It acted as if it wanted to start, but wouldn't stay running. If I pumped the gas super fast, it would chug, but once I stopped pumping the gas it wouldn't stay running. The next day I tried to start it again and it wouldn't even act like it wanted to start.
I towed it home tonight and while pulling it with a tow rope, the rope had slack in it, it pulled on the front end hard, all lights went out, and there are error messages coming up on the dash. The car won't come out of gear now either. Have any idea what could be wrong? I am a single Mom and got this car out of my divorce, I cannot afford to pay high amounts to fix it. It is nearly Christmas, I lost my job today, due to " possible attendance issues".
PLEASE. Any advise you can give, will be helpful.
Thank You
Cmills

You need to have the car looked at by a tech i'm afraid !

Dave H