FAILURE TO START. DRAIN ON BATTERY

1998 Jaguar XJ8

1998 Jaguar XJ8 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

I own a 1998, Jaguar Vanden Plau. This has been my dream car up until 6 months ago. Two years ago I purchased a truck as an alternate vehicle. During the winter months I have the Vanden Plau in storage. As of January 2008, I've been experiencing excessive drainage to the Jaguar car battery. I replaced the battery three months ago. Now every other week, I have to get a jump because the battery is totally drained. I have taken the vehicle to be hooked up for a diagnostic test - nothing appears to be wrong. I've had the fuses checked - everything appears to be ok.

I'm now reluctant to drive the car too often or for excessive distances intimidated by the fact that the vehicle might not start or completely stall.

Please help!
Htfigures

Get the battery load tested if it checks out-get a parastic drain test to find out where that short circuit exist within the electrical system. Or do below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_parastic_draw_1_9.jpg

I've had the battery checked / tested - Nothing was detected as being wrong. That is why I ultimately purchased another battery. To my surprise the vehicle is doing the same thing - even more often.

Htfigures
Like I said earlier you have a short circuit that's eating up the battery you need to have the parastic drain test perform-If its not a parastic drain then have the alternator tested might not be putting out reconditioning the battery-

After many costly trips to the dealer, my 99 jag still goes dead every 3 days, (if not driven.) I found a usefull item called a battery brain. Its a device that hooks to the battery terminal and will shut off the connection to the battery when it reaches a certain drain point it comes with a remote control that attaches to your keychain. One push of the button and the battery is reconnected. The cost is approx 95.00 and can be ordered on line, at batterybrain. Com. My radio retains all the preset items, I only have to reset the clock. ( When you push the reconnect on the remote control, the battery has plenty of power to start the vehicle, installation is very easy, the kit comes with everything you need and it fits in the trunk well right next to the battery. I installed this over 5 years ago, and have not been stranded since.

Rolenick