CAR TRUNK WON'T OPEN, BATTERY IN TRUNK

1997 Jaguar XJ6

1997 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

Is there a way to charge my Jag under the Bonnet of my XJ6, my battery is in the trunk. My remote won't work, I've tried to get in thru the emergency way with the screw driver like once before. Is there a way to pry it, the trunk open to get into it. Triple A did not know either. Yes I replaced the batteries for my remote to the car locks, but still can't get the trunk lid to open. Locksmith maybe? Please any advise. 1997 XJ6 Jag, there is also a valet button in the console area, nothing is working. Thank You

Rebecca Hennessy
812-228-7198 Indiana
Rebecca Henessy

Defiantly call a locksmyth or you will do more damage than good trying get it open yourself. Just a sugestion. OR, If your battery is completely dead, then the reciever on your remote is not getting the signal. Somewhere on the fire wall, under the hood should be large terminal with 2 or 3 heavy " RED or BROWN" wires attached to it. This would be the battery voltage positive junction. You should be able to connect the positive " RED" clamp of a charger to this terminal and the negative clamp " BLACK" to the frame of the vehicle and back charge the battery assuming the battery is good. I would suggest you talk to someone who is familiar with charging systems before you attempt this. Doing it wrong could be a baaaaaad deal. Hope this helps. Jim at jamesweizel@yahoo. Com

James W.