HOT WIRE , A/C CLUTCH

1993 Jaguar XJ6

Air Conditioning problem
1993 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl

What valve does the new Freon go in, also after turning on the A/C to max; I also hot wire the A/C clutch with battery cables and why the clutch does comes on only when it's hot wire
TinaBaby

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

If you have no compressor operation with direct voltage you will either have a faulty clutch or a seized compressor, when you direct wire the comp does the clutch click in?

Mhpautos
Yes, this was done and the clutch click in, and where exactly is the pressure switch Also I need to know, exactly how to add the new Freon to the A/C

Thanks Tina

TinaBaby

TinaBaby
Hi there,

The low pressure switch should be at or near the receiver dryer, but what concerns me is that the comp should engage with the clutch hot wired regardless of system low pressure, depending on the compressor and system fitted the low pressure port should be on the compressor, A/C refrigerant should be added by weight and monitored by system pressure gauges, over filling the system can do serious damage to the compressor, tx valve and other internal components, I would highly recommend that you first have the integrity of the compressor checked out first as if it is faulty you will be wasting your time and money adding refrigerant.

Mhpautos