BUYING A USED

2006 Jaguar X-Type

Warranty problem
2006 Jaguar X-Type 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

What year and model would you suggest as having the best performance and least amount of repairs? I would also consider an X-Type. However, if there's something different you'd strongly recommend, let me know.

I have always admired the styling of a Jaguar but the complaints about the problems have discouraged me.

They have " certified" cars with a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty. Does that make sense?

Thanks - Ross
Rossasussman

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Buying a used car is always a bit of a gamble, buying an up market marque is no guarantee that it will be problem free, Jaguars do have their problem, but with that said they can also be one off the most reliable cars about, if it has been serviced regularly and any minor problems taken car e off, you have the best chance of not getting hit with a big bill, unfortunately jag repairs can be expensive as can be the general maintenance, and this is where people let themselves down, skimp on the basics and they have a problem that would have normally been picked up at a service, so where am I going with this, well I have no particular favourite model, price may decide that, I don't know, but the most important thing is that it has been serviced as per the service book, any recalls attended to and it has been looked after internally as well, best to get one from a dealer, buying second hand from a stranger with no come back is just a disaster waiting to happen,

Have I answered your question, I hope so, let me know if you want more info.

Mhpautos