WINDSHIELD WASHER REPAIR QUESTIONS

2004 Jaguar X-Type

Noises problem
2004 Jaguar X-Type 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 58300 miles

Recently purchased a 2004 X-Type with 3.0L. Rained for the first time the other day and my windshield wipers work fine. However on the downswing from the top position it appears that the windshield wiper compresses too much and makes a loud slapping sound against the body. Is there an adjustment possible so I can make sure that my wipers come down and restart at the proper position instead of having to live with the constant slapping sound each time the wiper comes down? Thanks in advance.
Shaunoc46

Unless there is a bushing going out in the arm assembly, Im not aware of any adjustments in the motor/arm assembly. You can try removing the retaining nut/bolt from where the arm mounts to the pivot assembly and see if you can retime it correctly so that it doesnt travel too far down. Be sure they are the correct length blade too.

Jack42