ENGINE LIGHT

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas

Computer problem
2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 49,000 miles

Greetings, my question earlier was why was the engine light on. It came on then, the engine coolent display came on. I added engine coolent and the engine light remained on. I took it to my mechanic who is reputable, honest and reliable. He put it through the scanner and came back with the follow trouble codes which he was able to reset:
PO300
PO305
PO306
PO307
PO308
P1316
P1638
The only code that kept coming back after he reset it was P1642 which he stated indicated a bad computer. However he does not have the equipment to give more speciifics and gave the example the problem code P1642 could mean a problem anywhere in the computer and that in order for a jaguar specialist to diagnose the problem it may run hundreds of dollars which is not affordable for me at this time. Please help me if you can sir.
Cdecohen

DTC P1642: CONTROLLER AREA NETWORK CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

DTC Description
CAN circuit malfunction. This DTC is an OBD-II fault. Check Engine Indicator is activated after one trip with fault present. A message is displayed on message center.
Monitoring Conditions
Ignition on for more than 5 seconds.
System Default Action
When fault is set, ECM limits throttle to approximately 30 percent and inhibits cruise control (all CAN data unavailable).
Possible Causes
CAN short circuit fault.
Control module failure (check for additional flagged DTC(s) to locate control module source.

Dave H