JAGUAR VANDEN PLAS RADIATOR PROBLEM

1984 Jaguar Vanden Plas

Air Conditioning problem
1984 Jaguar Vanden Plas 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i have a 1984 jaguar series 3 6cyl 4.2 it, s overheating and i, ve finaly located a small hole in the main radiator, it obviously needs repairing by way of removal and recon, can anyone tell me if I can just carefully discharge the air con unit myself allowing removal of the radiator get it repaired and replace and then simply have the air con recharged or is it more difficult than this?
Chalkywhite33

Drain cooling system. Disconnect radiator hoses and remove radiator. Do not disconnect refrigerant hoses

Dave H
You say do not disconnect refrigerant hoses but it, s impossible to remove the radiator without disconnecting them as the reciever dryer unit is incorporated into the rad and also a pipe from the ac compressor is also incorporated in the rad if I leave them connected I cant remove the rad how is it possible not to disconect them as you, ve stated

Chalkywhite33
I am showing a seperate receiver/drier for the 1984 model?

CONDENSER
Removal
Install service gauges and slowly release freon from system using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment. Disconnect A/C lines from receiver-drier and condenser. Plug condenser and line openings.
Move headlight wiring harness and hood rubber buffer to one side. Remove bolts securing top brace and engine fan shroud. Remove fan shroud. Remove condenser mounting bolts and A/C line clips. Move receiver-drier and mounting bracket clear of radiator. Carefully push radiator toward engine and lift condenser out of brackets.
Installation
To install, reverse removal procedure. Install refrigerant lines to condenser before tightening condenser mounting bolts. Ensure proper refrigerant oil level and recharge A/C system. See appropriate article in GENERAL SERVICING section.

RECEIVER-DRIER
Removal & Installation
Install service gauges and slowly release freon from system using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment. Disconnect refrigerant lines from receiver-drier (saving " O" ring seals) and plug openings. Remove receiver-drier mounting bolts. Remove receiver-drier. To install, reverse removal procedure. Ensure proper refrigerant oil level and recharge A/C system. See appropriate article in GENERAL SERVICING section.

Dave H