MODELS IDLE ISSUES

2002 Jaguar Other

2002 Other Jaguar Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

Hello. I have a 2002 Jaguar S-Type 6 cyl. With some idle issues.

The 1st issue is that the idle is slightly dipping up and down whenever the car is at rest. The fluctuations in idle are often minute but still noticeable. Often running between 700-900 rpms.

The 2nd issue is that my idle is running high after acceleration. This problem began after I replaced the sparks and coils on two cylinders that were misfiring last week. At the same time, I also cleaned out the carbon from the throttle body.

Whenever I accelerate to any speed and then let off the gas pedal, the idle hovers around 1500 for 20 -30 seconds before returning to normal. Also, sometimes the idle pops high as I begin to come to a stop from higher speeds.

Thanks for all the help!
Ufmseymour

Sounds like you have a slow idle speed motor or possibly a small vacuum leak. Try cleaning the ISC motor with carb cleaner to see if it helps. If no vacuum leaks, the ISC may need to be replaced if it doesnt help cleaning it, sometimes it helps for a short time and they dont always set a check engine light when they are slow to respond

Jack42