STARTS SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES NOTHING

1993 Isuzu Truck

1993 Isuzu Truck 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 138000 miles

Just replaced the battery and tightened the leads as tight as possible but they can still move a little. I depress the clutch and it starts sometimes two or three times in a row but then I get nothing but a click sometimes also. I hope this could be just change the battery lead connectors to fix but could it be something else like maybe the starter or solenoid, or relay or clutch safety switch, is there an easy way to check these if you do not have a voltage meter, barring taking them off and taking them do the auto parts?
Perechrr

Run power to the single wire post on the solenoid while it is not starting cranks solenoid is Ok.

Clutch safety switch jumper wire across when truck does not start, if it starts switch is bad.

Relays are not a common prob. Most likely if you can move the terminal ends this is your prob

Billymac
I Have an 93 izuzu that has the same problem and it end up being the starter and I rebuilt it with new brass bushings and it worked great.U will have to do this every couple of years

Fyerman