TURN OVER BUT NOT START

1996 Isuzu Trooper

Engine problem
1996 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150012 miles

my 96 suv will turn over but wont start. It makes a weezing sound as if it has a winding elect motor rather than a gas engine. Checked fuses for fuel pump and related parts and all fuses are ok. Im now leaning towards my tinming belt but the only part I have known to be bad is the starter and the idling control valve. Up until now this truck has never let me down. Can u offer any suggestions please.
Gibby137

The " winding" sound reminds me of a problem I had in a 1971 Mercury Monterey. Basically, the flywheel had a few teeth knocked off by accidentally re-engaging the starter after the motore was running. This resulted in a " bald spot" where the starter could not engage the flywheel due to missing teeth and would make a " winding" sound. To get around this issue, I would put the car in neutral and push it a few feet forward and then retry. You could give this a go and if this works for you, then I bet you have the same issue I did.

Tsuchida