QUESTION FACTORY ALARM SYSTEM

2001 Isuzu Rodeo

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

The alarm/security system appears out of sync. Note: the engine was replaced (new engine block) about 12K miles ago.
Symptoms - 1. When the truck is shut off and the key is removed and the drivers door is opened, the warning buzzer goes off as if the key is still in the ignition. 2. Then, when the drivers door is closed, the chirp occurs and after about 10 seconds the doors lock - all this without doing a thing. 3. About 5% of the time the ignition will not unlock when the key is inserted. After many 'locks/unlocks' the key will turn. 4. Twice in last 25 times, the truck shuts itself off while driving downe the road and when trying to restart, the alarm goes off.
HELP!
Lowrysgoblue

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,
Try this re set,let know if it works.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Capture_45.jpg

Mhpautos
Didn't seem to do it but I don't really think the remote needs to be reprogrammed, I think the system itself is totally messed up.I'd really like to just disconnect this thing. Cut wires, take out fuses, whatever. Any ideas?

Lowrysgoblue
Hi there,

It appears that an initial post I made did not go through, I indicated that there is no way to just disarm the system with removing a fuse or cutting a wire, there are to may lock down systems, that is if the system is tampered with the immobiliser will not allow the engine to start, this is done internally with the ECU, so I do feel that, that is not a real option unless you have an auto electrician to do the by passing, as there is no information on line to do this, it will have to be done hands on, or do the diagnostic I sent.

Mark 9mhpautos)

Mhpautos
Thanks for the additional info.I'm not surprised it's difficult to 'disarm' the security system. Kinda makes sense, huh? Anyway, I know a guy from church who's family owns an import service station and he's gonna take a look at it. Thinks it might be something in the ignition itself that is confusing the alarm system. Thanks for your help, this is a really cool service you guys offer - with a family of 4 drivers (and 5 cars), I'm sure to use this service again! Shawn.

Lowrysgoblue
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the feed back, we do get a few questions like yours and unfortunately our response is usually the same, with after market alarms and immobilisers this is normally a fairly easy fix, but with factory fits, well they just love to make things hard, for the crooks and good guy techs, lol. Let me know how you get on, any info on this will be of help for others in the future, thank you for using 2carpros.

Mhpautos