QUESTION CV HALF AXLE REPLACEMENT

1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1999 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

I am replacing both the Left and Right CV Half Axles in my Rodeo 4WD (DOHC Engine). I have eveything apart down to unbolting the fronty axle assemble from the body (front wheel bearings removed, cv half axle to front axle assembly flanges unbloted, drive shaft unbolted from the front axle assembly, etc.). However, I do not see how I can get enough play between the left half axle, front axle assembly and right half axle to seperate either half axle inner spindle from the front axle assembly, or outside spindles from the hubs. Are there any tricks?
KellyD1958

Pull on the shaft or try and get a prybar up on the lip by the transmisson and try prying on it.

Blackop555
I have tried that without luck. However, if it takes a crowbar tom remove then, how would I install the new ones?

KellyD1958
A bit of grease on the splines it should slide right on!

Blackop555
Depended on the model of the rodeo you have you may have to remove the inner boot and remove the " C" clip in order to slide off the axle.

Blackop555