QUESTION FLUCTUATION IN LOW OIL PRESSURE

1995 Isuzu Rodeo

1995 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 162000 miles

I have a 95' 3.2L V6 Isuzu Rodeo and when I come to a stop and idle, the oil pressure gauge inside will sometimes drop to zero, but if a lightly tap the accelerator, the pressure gauge goes up and reads normal. Sometimes at idle, I notice the needle drops a little then goes to zero but then reads normal. There seems to not be a pattern and happens at various times. There is no engine noise and the engine RPM's reads normal.
Could someone let me know their thoughts on the issue here? What diagnostics could I do to varify the problem? Thanks for your insight, I would very much appreciate your help.
HamletOpazo

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and/or engine bearing.

Lot of the times you can unplug the wires from the swicth to see if its leaking oil out the oil swicth but mine dont have oil pressure either like yours

Rob kanduth