QUESTION REPLACING INGITION CYLINDER

1992 Isuzu Rodeo

1992 Isuzu Rodeo Question 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

The cylinder would no longer accept my keys anymore. I needed it to go to the airport so I popped off the ignitin switch running to the cylinder and just used a screwdriver to get started and popped the steering wheel lock pin. I want to replace the cylinder but I cant get it out. I have tried everything. I have pulled pried and twisted it for like 2 hours but it only moved a little bit. I did not see anything on the outside holding it in place. I tried to tap it out from where the ignition switch meets the cylinder but still no luck. Am I overlooking something completely obvious or do I have the most stubborn cylinder in the world. Much appreciated, it looks like a stolen car every time I start it w/ a screwdriver. It isnt stolen by the way.
Azandford

IGNITION SWITCH/C0LUMN LOCK ASSEMBLY Removal & Installation (Amigo, Pickup & Rodeo) 1. Disconnect battery negative cable. Remove horn pad and steering wheel. See STEERING WHEEL & HORN PAD . Remove upper and lower column shrouds and lower instrument panel. SeeFig. 7 . Disconnect both ignition switch and combination switch wiring connectors, located behind lower instrument panel. Remove tie-straps retaining harnesses to column. 2. Remove combination switch retaining bolts, and slide switch from shaft. SeeFig. 7 . Remove snap ring and bushing from in front of ignition switch. Turn ignition switch to ON position to unlock column. 3. Remove ignition switch and column lock assembly retaining bolts from rear of switch assembly. To access switch assembly retaining bolts, it may be necessary to remove upper column bracket bolts from instrument panel in order to lower steering column. Slide switch assembly from shaft. 4. To install, reverse removal procedure. Ensure proper operation of steering lock and ignition switch mechanism before completing reassembly of column components. Tighten all bolts to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS NOTE: Ignition lock set removal procedures are not available form manufacturer.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_rodeo_2.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_rodeoa_2.jpg

Merlin2021