STARTER QUESTION

Isuzu Other

1997 Isuzu Rodeo. GM V6 3.2 L

I took it to the TLE and got the oil changed and got new tires. Now it hesitates to start, checked the battery all appears to be good. Every now and then it hesitates to start. I.E. When you go to start it it either clicks one time and does nothing or does a half start. On the third or fourth try it starts. This isn't every time just enough that I am concerned. Could this be the starter or starter bendix?
Rodeoman

The older v6's were of chevy design/GM design.

Wish I could help with your specific problem, but in case you search forums for the GM built engines, you may not get the right info.

Good Luck!

Sollybro
I have had starter issues before with my Rodeo. You might want to check the starter motor, the starter, or ignition switch. The starter motor and ignition switch will cost you less, but the starter will run you a little over 100 bucks for the part. Not the labor. That's extra.

Mazobius
When you say it starts after several times, are you saying that the engine cranks and no spark and the spark firing is what you call trying to start? Frist, does it start when it is cold or first time in the day? If that is true, does it crank several times after it has been running before starting? If that is true check the gas cap to see if a vacuum sound is heard when you open the tank. If the sound is strong, go turn on the switch to let the fuel return to the engine then start the engine. If the engine starts get a gas cap.