TRUNK LID LIFT CYLINDERS

2002 Infiniti Q45

Interior problem
2002 Infiniti Q45 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

The lift cylinders don't hold up the trunk lid. It looks as if I need to remove the seat back in order to get at the back of the cylinders. Can you verify this and how to remove the back seat back.
Also; do you have an outlet for replacement cylinders. I found some online and the price is $80 for the left and $140 for the right. It seems odd that the price is so diferent from left to right as they look the same
Rsimoes

Hello, The manufacturer recommends that you do remove the rear seat to replace the trunk lift supports, but I have a friend that works at Infiniti and he said there is a way to do it without having to remove the seat, but it is trickier. Always go for OEM replacement parts even if they are more money because the cheaper models wear out quickly. Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks for using 2Carpros. Com

2CarPros Ken