INFINITI M45 NOISE PROBLEM

2007 Infiniti M45

Noises problem
2007 Infiniti M45 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 15000 miles

The car makes a buzzing noise about 20% of the time while accelerating, anywhere from 10 to 50 mph. The noise goes away if I lift up on the accelerator. Hot or cold does not seem to make a difference. I am thinking maybe the differential or the transmission.
Binfiniti

Hi binfiniti,

Your car is too new to be giving problems, have you sent it to the dealers for diagnosis? I believe it should still be covered under warranty.

Anyway we are interested in the problem would like to try to see if we can be of help.

How does the buzzing sound like?
Where is noise coming from? Front, rear, lower part
Is acceleration slight, meduim or full throttle?
Does noise level change with gear upshift?
Any possibility of exhaust system in contact with body due to misalignment caused by reversing silencer into road kerb?

Thanks for responding. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. It is hard to describe the noise, but it is a medium-pitched buzz that appears to be coming from the rear half of the car. It comes at almost any throttle, but more commonly at the fuller end. If I put the transmission into the manual mode, the noise tends to go away when I upshift. I don't think the exhaust is misaligned. Thanks again for your help.

Binfiniti
Hi binfiniti,

The problem should be related to the drive trains and I suggest checking the propeller shafts, differential and and side shafts.