BLOWER MOTOR WORKS INTERMITTENTLY

1993 Infiniti J30

Air Conditioning problem
1993 Infiniti J30 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 207K miles

Hi, quick question if you don't mind. My blower motor stops working, but never when I'm driving. Only when I start the car up. It doesn't happen all the time. I might go 3-7 days before I start the car again to find out the blowers not working.

But. If I tap the blower, located under the glove box, it starts right up.

Mechanic wants to just replace unit, but was hoping it might just be a simple and less expensive fix. Any ideas?

Thnaks again,
Dez
Dez1

My suggestion is when it doesn't start instead of smacking the motor wiggle the connector and wire's around. If it start's working then you probably have a loose connection.

What if the blower motor now smells burning metal after all 3 days of not working and tapping below glove box?

Jenredhead38
Unplug the blower motor and put the switch on high make sure you have power and ground to the blower motor connector. Also make sure you have a good connection to the blower motor. If all that is good and the blower motor smells burnt and doesn't work then replace the blower motor.