POWER SEAT

2002 Infiniti I35

Interior problem
2002 Infiniti I35 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

my driver seat has controls to raise and lower seat, recline back of seat, and move seat back and forth. The first two work fine but the latter (the one that moves the seat back and forth) is not working. I have checked the fuses and they are ok. Am I likely to need a new motor?
DICK KEIM

Hello – sorry you are having problems with your vehicle

I don’t have access to a wiring diagram today…..computer down. However, if it were me I would first test the motor to see if it is the motor or the switch. I would first think it is t he switch.

I would figure out which two wires operate that particular motor, the front to rear one I believe you said, and run 12 volts right from the battery to the two wires. Then reverse the wires and see if it goes the other way. If the motor works fine then it is the switch.

Thank you for the donation

Information on your car can be found at: http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm

ImpalaSS