INFINITI I30 TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1995 Infiniti I30

1995 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have A 1995 J30 Infinity with an acceleration problem.
It kind of drags when moving from a stop position, but picks up after about half a minute on the go. I change the fuel filter and noticed a slight change in acceleration only in the mornings (after parking the car overnight) but goes back to its acceleration sickness. After changing the fuel pump and cleaning the injector, it still does the same thing. First, the mechanic said the new fuel pump didn't work becos it's of a low capacity and now he's saying my alternator is bad which is making the fuel punp unable to function properly. Now I don't know which is which anymore. Please help! What do I do next

Monae
Monae

Unless you see the red battery light on the dash, don't replace your alternator.

I believe it is a transmission issue. Check your transmission fluid level. It should not smell burnt, and the color should be dark red. If you have not serviced the transmission for the past two years, I would service it. While you are at it, check your VSS vehicle speed sensor.

Zackman