INFINITI G35 WIRING PROBLEM

2004 Infiniti G35

2004 Infiniti G35 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 56000 miles

Here is a real crazy thing that is happening to me. I installed an aftermarket nav in my car which replaced the bose sound it work perfectly for months. I then decided to add on an xm tuner. I installed it and when I turned the ignition off EVERYTHING in the car stayed on with the exception of the a/c. I thought that the ignition connection in the harness had come loose so I took apart everything and rewired it. When I reconnectend everything the radio did not work, along with stock nav still in the lcar. Also the instrument panel lights do not work. And also the check engine light came on, and never was before. I checked every fuse in the car and nothing is burnt out. What on earth can be the problem!
Bigworm0925

Hi bigworm0925,

Thank you for the donation.

This is the type of problem that is never easy to diagnose and rectify.

Firstly you should get a scanned done to retrieve the trouble code for the Check engine showing. You should be able to get a scan done free at your local Autozone parts outlet.

Possible causes for the problem could be a bad ground or wrong wiring.

Do you have the wiring schematic for the XMtuner and were they installed correctly?

Do you have a schematic of the wiring system for the oem radio harness?