DRIVER DOOR LOCK NOT WORKING

2003 Infiniti G35

2003 Infiniti G35 6 cyl Automatic 75000 miles

Car: Infiniti G35 Coupe (75k Miles)

Situation: My girlfriend was inside rolling up the driver window electronically while I shoved the window down about 4 inches. A few days later we noticed now that the driver electronic door locks on the do not work with inside electric lock switch or the keyless entry(lock or unlock does not work). Passenger lock works perfect and everything else electronically works perfect. Only driver door lock is bad.

We're told by dealership that it is the door lock actuator(most likely)

Is it a coincidence that the door lock does not work
OR
is it possible that I broke it by forcing down the window while she rolled it up?

I would like to know so I can know if I should pay to fix it or not! Thanks!
Asgharba

The window has nothing to with the locks. Sounds like a case of the " ever since" syndrome. &Quot; Ever since you changed my oil, my power antenna doesn't work. What you gonna do about it?&Quot; Now you know what it feels like to be a mechanic who gets blamed for everything that goes wrong, often weeks after he touched the car. People who are unknowledgeable about cars are the hardest to convince parts fail on their own. They need to find someone to blame. What they fail to realize is there are stores filled with replacement parts for those that failed without someone causing it.

If you had noticed this problem immediately after holding the window, then I would suggest the straining motor caused something to bulge and may have tugged on a wiring harness causing the electrical plug to pull out from the lock actuator. That would be weird, but stranger things have happened. Cadillac is known for bulging and flexing door trim panels when using the power windows, but even they don't develop problems due to tugging on wiring harnesses.

When you actually look at how a window system works, you will see that holding a window by hand is no different than the door frame or internal stops holding the window. No damage is caused by continuing to press the switch after the window has gone all the way up.