BRAKES MAKING RUBBING SOUND

2003 Infiniti G35

Brakes problem
2003 Infiniti G35 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 60,000 miles

Hello, I have a 2003 G35 Infiniti manual with Brembo braking system. Upgraded to EBC rotors and EBC Red brake pads and had them installed by my local mechanic. When as I drive and the warmer the breakpades get they make a sound as if they are rubbing while driving with out applying the brake and a very slight sqeek when I apply the brake at end. Went back the my Mech. And said that it is normal for the breaking end period and that since the Rotors are drilled and slotted that the brake dust make the sqeek and sould clean the rotors once every two weeks. Please educate me before I go back today on what might be going on and what to do to fix this problem; if there is a problem. Also by the time I get to work today should have about 75 miles on car since getting the brake job done.
Thanks for any help,
Shawn
S. Love

The rotors being drilled and slotted is to keep them cool and to keep the dust from being caught between the rotor and pad. What you are most likely hearing is simply the pad material. The noise may be a characteristic of the material used. Performance pads usually arent as quiet as OEM stuff, but they work great

Jack42
Hello Jack,

As to my previous question shoud I concerned of the rubbing sound (not sqeek) while driving? Have driven about 70 miles howmuch longer do you think this will continue? Do you think installation might have been done incorrectly?

Thanks,
Shawn

S. Love
If the bigger brakes are rubbing something, it will never stop. You need to pull the wheels off to be sure nothing is making contact. If all is good, it still might not stop due to the friction materials

Jack42