HYUNDAI XG300 DEALER PROBLEM

2001 Hyundai XG300

2001 Hyundai XG300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 164000 miles

I took my car in for a new timing belt, water pump and a tune up. While doing the tune up they found a gasket leak. After changing all the above they strted the engine and had problems. They found a piece of metal in the # 6 cylinder which knocked off the rocker arm (?). They had it fixed but it still didn't run correctly. They told me they couldn't find the problem and to take it to Hyundai dealer. The Hyundai dealer said the timeing belt was off 7 teeth. I paid the Hyundai dealer for another timing belt and now they will have to tear the engine down to find out the rest of the problems. Midas said they will put in a different engine with approx 100,000 miles on it but I will have to pay the labor. I have been without a car for 21 days. I have paid Midas $1440 and another $800 to the Hyundai dealer (total $2240). What should I do? Who can tell me what Midas should do?
Ron Whatley