SIDE SLIDING DOOR ASSEMBLY

1993 Hyundai Van

1993 Hyundai Van 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 80000 miles

my passengers van hyundai grace h 100 has a problem on side sliding door fittings. While the car is in motion the door will open involuntarily even if the child safety lock is on. Some body could help me find a photo for its attachement diagram, or a repair manual instruction.
Hyundaigraceh100

Have you tried lubing the latches with a spray silicone or similar lube?

James W.
I have already tried many times lubing the latches and all other moving parts such as bearings, but the problem still persist. I am thinking that some part of the bearing running rail interfere the exact closing of the door. But I dont have an idea where to start in dismantling the door attachement.

Hyundaigraceh100
What model van do you have?

James W.
I have a model 1993, Hyundai light passenger Van, 4 cyl, Two Wheel Drive, Manual transmission, with 80000 kilometers millage. I will be very thankful if you can provide me the door attachement diagram or any foto that can help me to repair this problem. Thank you very much.

Hyundaigraceh100
I have gone through everything I have looking for a mechanical diagram for your door and have found nothing. I have wiring diagrams for the electric version, but that's all. I wish there was more I could tell you, but I can't. Maybe the dealer would have something he could copy for you. Sorry.

James W.
Do you mean I cannot wait any further tips and suggestions from your team, with regard to my this problem? Okay, thank you any way.

Hyundaigraceh100
I'm going to put you back on the " poster list", maybe we have a mechanic out there who is familiar with your door problem. Be patient.

James W.
Thank you very much, I'm very sorry for being erretant. I'm realy sick for this problem.

Hyundaigraceh100
Believe me, your not just a # on a posting list. I and we, will do everything we can to get you the information you need. The problem is, it's not a Ford or a Chevy and the information available is limited. BUT, let me ask one more time. Hyundai " van" brings up very little. Keep in mind, I can't visually see the van. It must be a Hyndai "?&Quot; something van. If you can give me the VIN #, I can go from there.
EDIT; In this country the van is called an " Onterage". I'm not sure it's even spelled correctly, and they're called by different names in different countries.
From your post I have no way of telling, being we are world wide, but where do you call home?

James W.
I have a 1994 H 100. Have you tried adjusting the latch. The latch is on the edge of the door that is towards the rear of the van. The loop device that is mounted to the van body can be moved so the latch grips tighter. If all else fails and you need parts, I live in South Korea and most of those parts are relatively cheap here for new parts. The lstch release assembly is less than $10 US. If you figure out what you need and let me know I will mail them to you.

Johninwaegwan