HYUNDAI TIBURON RADIO PROBLEM

2005 Hyundai Tiburon

2005 Hyundai Tiburon 6 cyl Automatic 60,000 miles

My stereo sysyem has malfunctioned and the dial shows nothing but jibberish. When I engage the cruise control it changes the channel or shuts the radio off. What could the problem be? Also if I have to replace anything are used parts from other hyundai's applicable.
GerryJPower

Hi there,

sorry about the delay but your question ended up in the wrong position in the list, now. This sounds like a failure of the radio it self, I would be checking the stability of the voltage going to the radio, I would also feel that you should have the radio removed & bench tested to prove the unit one way or the other, you can use a second hand radio if you find that yours is beyond reasonable repair costs, but you will need the PIN for the radio or at least the VIN of the car it came from so a dealer can check this PIN on there master data base.

Mhpautos