FLOODED AIRBAGS

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Other Category problem
2004 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 32000 miles

my brother recently gave me his 2004 hyundai tiburon. It has a flood title on it but the engine and all of the electrical components work fine. The interior is in good condition except for the middle of the steering wheel and the dashboard. You can see the outline of where the airbags are located. It looks like the covers stick out alittle but are not torn off from airbag deployment. I want to know if the airbags still work, or how to find out if they still work and if they can be replaced if they dont.
Cleoliz

Hi there,

Under normal conditions if the SRS warning light is not on the system is active. As far as water damage to igniters and other components, that is a bit of a mystery. I would suggest that you contact Hyundai direct(not dealer) and talk to customer relations, they may be able to short cut you to the main technical department (who advise to dealerships on training and problem cars) re the possibilities of air bag damage.

Mhpautos