SQUEAK/SQUEAL NOISE

2003 Hyundai Sonata

Other Category problem
2003 Hyundai Sonata 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I had the belts replaced in July 07. The belts started making a noise about a week, to week and a half later. They were not doing it all the time, just mainly when the A/C was turned on. I returned to my mechanic and he tightened them, and the noise subsided temporarily. I have had 4 different sets of Gates belts put on there since, and continue to have a problem. The noise now is pretty constant and gets louder when accelerator is engaged. It was suggested to me that the alternator could possibly be going bad, and that the noise was coming from it. Do you think that this could be the case?
Ninnykid

Hello sir,
My father in law has the same kind of problem, with the same car Hyundai Sonata 2.0 2003.
The mechanics can't find the problem.
Did you allready have the problem fixed?
And if so, what was the problem?
Greetings,
Brian
The Netherlands

Brian de Vries
The problem was the replacement belts that had been installed. The mechanic had to get the belts from Hyundai, and once he installed those it corrected the problem. Good luck.

Ninnykid