CRACKED EXHAUST WHERE FLEX IS

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

I was involved in an auto accident recently. I was struck from the rear. My tail pipe and muffler were struck-after picking up the vehicl efrom body shop-myt car was extemely lod-went to a mechanic - was told exhaust is cracked on flex area. Can us tell me the best way this is can be repaired. How long before is completely cracks. Is car safe to drive in meantime
Allen katona

If it is cracked at the flex pipe, it can't be repaired. It needs replaced. I'm sure this was a result of the accident. The other person's insurance should pay for a new part. It isn't your fault that the body shop who provided an estimate missed the problem.

Let me know if you have other questions.

I'm sorry. I didn't answer your entire question. Without seeing how bad it is cracked, I can't tell you how long it will it will last. As far as safety, there is a chance of carbon monoxide getting into the passanger compartment and poisoning you. I don't mean to scare you, but that is a fact.