TICKING SOUND WHEN ENGINE IS WARMING UP

Hyundai Other

Hyundai Elantra 2006/2.0 litre engine with 1000 miles. This is my first time owning a Hyundai, so it's difficult to determine whether the behaviour is normal for the car or is a problem.
When the car is started, and the engine is cold, it idles very smoothly, however, when put in gear, makes a chugging type of sound, which then changes into a light ticking sound as the engine warms up. This noise is very annoying to say the least. Is this normal for a new Elantra?
SherJon

Last oil changed?

The car is new. It only has 1000 miles. The oil pan is full

SherJon
500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: b4c5ca30e4]

[/quote]
Thank you for your advice and opinion. When you say 'breaking point' does that mean a one time deal when the car is new or does you it mean every 500 miles. In the past, I have purchased Hondas and Toyotas and have been very happy. I bought this car because
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote]

SherJon
500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: 280caf9c8a]

[/quote: 280caf9c8a]
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote][/quote]

500miles I will change it-Its a habit from me when I rebuild an engine and use that as a guide

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: df8ac8e018]

[/quote: df8ac8e018]
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote][/quote]

My habit I change it every 500miles after a rebuild engine.