EXCEL DIES WHILE DRIVING THEN WONT START

Hyundai Other

My hyundai excel 1998 129000kms just simply cuts out while i'm driving, usually in 1st or 2nd gear. The check engine light will come on and when I attempt to start up again the car will crank but not turn over. After waiting approx 20minutes it will start perfectly. I've taken it to the mechanics and have had the crank angle sensor replaced and also the whole coil pack replaced. The mechanics dont seem to know more than I do. Very tricky!
RosaPBD

Crank position sensor could be maf senosr to. That could be one anther culprut have you had fuel pump tested? And on these hot days you can spray your cps with a mist bottle with water I think you all got a good forum here. Good luck

Scrapper
I have a Hyundai 94 excel LS that used to stop and stall for no reason the engine light would come on then wouldnt start then would start again after 10 or 20 min.
I had just about everything checked cost a fortune. Fuel lines, injectors, replaced leads, filters, distributer. The problem ended up being the computer it was sending too much fuel through the fuel rail causing the motor to stall and jump around. After the computer was replaced ive had no trouble at all. Car runs better than before. Computer was replaced by one from a mitsubishi colt!
Hope this helps.

Marja