BRAKE TRUOBLE ON SANTE FE

Hyundai Other

I have a 2002 Hyundai that is developing a vibration while braking. The first time this happened I took the vehical into the dealership and they said the rotors needed to be to be cut. That was done and about 5000 miles later the vibration cam back. At this point I took them off my self and had them cut at a locale auto parts store. The vibration is back again after another 5000 miles and I had them cut once again and the vibration went away again. So my question is, Is this normal? Is there anything that might cause they rotors to were unevenly so fast? I had also had the alignment check and they said that it was good and needed no adjustment.
Kb20

Sounds as if you have a very hard friction material on the brake pads. I would be prepared to replace the rotors. You can only cut them so many times. I would also replace the brake pads. No semi-metalics or anything fancy. Just plain old asbestoes pads.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj
Thanks for the advice. I dont think they make asbestos brake pad anymore. Actually I'm pretty sure they dont.

Kb20
" Rot ro reorge" Showing my age. : Oops: The US gov banned the use of asbestos for friction material several years ago. This was for good reason as airborne asbestos is quite hazardous. Experiment with different brake pads. I've found in the past that the less expensive pads worked as well without damaging the rotors. Good luck. : )

Peppermrj
That was what I thought, I have quite a bit of training in asbestos removal and handleing becasue I work in the power plant industry. I am not as proficient in the automotive world but was pretty sure it wasn't used anymore. Thanks again.

Kb20