MODELS NOT CHARGING

1999 Hyundai Other

1999 Other Hyundai Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

I recently changed my Battery and Alternator due to the alternator not charging. Two weeks after being installed I incurred the same problem whereby the alternator isnt charging the battery. However after a couple of revs it sometimes starts charging. Therefore the Battery loses voltage and is unable to start the engine after sitting.

I have recently had the alternator checked and they state the alternator has been test benched whereby it has proven to work fauless.

What other problems could exist to incurr this fault?
Sbk9unit

Best way is to read the battery open voltage with a volmeter before you start it. Record that reading should be 12.4 volts or higher. If its lower the battery is still weak and needs recharging. Now start vehicle put headlights and heater On-record reading should be 13.5 to 15.50 volts if not get your battery and alternator rechecked.