URGENT HELP NEEDED

1997 Hyundai Excel

1997 Hyundai Excel 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

Having intermittent problems with car losing power momentarily (1 second or so). Seems to be more prevalent when car is warm. &Quot; Check Engine" light came on once for a short time. Have had mechanic do a service, plugs and leads replaced, fuel filter replaced. Timing belt has been replaced. New coil put in but made no difference. Seems to be nothing wrong mechanically but the problem persists.
Hurrell

Hello and thanks for the donation. Much appreciated

I cannot locate a manual for the Hyundai " Excel" . But I would be checking/cleaning or replacing the CKP and CMP sensors. Let me know !

CMP sensor senses TDC point of cylinder No. 1 in its compression stroke. This signal is fed to ECM to determine fuel injector sequence starting point.

CKP crankshaft position sensor. ECM use voltage signal from CKP sensor to detect engine RPM and crankshaft position.

DIRECT IGNITION SYSTEM (DIS)
DIS is a molded, dual-coil system that supplies energy for ignition at high speeds. System does not use a distributor. Electronic Control Module (ECM) directly activates power transistor for ignition timing control.
When ignition is turned on, battery voltage is applied to ignition coil primary winding. As the crankshaft position sensor shaft rotates, ignition signals are transmitted from the ECM to the power transistor. These signals activate the power transistor, which switches primary current on and off. This action produces high voltage in the secondary winding of the ignition coil.

Dave H