HARD TIME STARTING SOMETIME BU

1999 Hyundai Elantra

1999 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have a elantra that has been giving me problems on and off for the last few months. The car start and runs fine most of the time. But sometime when I start the car it does want to start. The car cranks over but there doesn't seem to be a spark or getting gas. I can try for 20 minutes and then it finally starts. The car does not give me a trouble code and if I turn the car off it start fine. I have replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, new battery and alternator but still have the problem. The only thing I am wondering if it could be the ignition coil or the ECM. Anyone else have had a problem like this.
Elantra guy

Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark problem: Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

When the car didn't start I used a spark plug tester and did not get a light on the tester so there was no spark. I did not smell fuel after trying for 20 minutes. Why would the car having problems starting and then when you turn the car off it starts fine again. When I used my obd tester I got a code P1613 but this code did not turn my check engine light on. The car has a rough idle when I increase the revs a couple hundred and then revs fine. The Ignition coil is what I will be checking next.

Elantra guy