WONT START

1997 Hyundai Elantra

1997 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 126000 miles

please help. I was driving to rhode island couple days ago, car rode and drove beautifuly. Pulled into the sheraton in warwick and went to park. Pushed in the clutch and put it in reverse it died and hasnt started since. She cranks like she wants to start but I get nothing pulled out the started and looked at it it goes in and out no problem even spins. Replaced coil pack thinking there wasnt any spark, still got nothing. Where am I going wrong I cant figure it out please help.
Jeffr1077

Do below and see what happens then report back-

Do you have a check engine light On or flashing prior to this problem?

If the engine's condition is in tip top shape-do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem that's if its cranking over and refuses to start

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors-

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time