VIBRATION

2009 Hummer H3

2009 Hummer H3 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 1500 miles

I just recently purchased an 09 Hummer H3T Problem is I am feeling a vibration in the gas pedal while the vehicle is under load at 2500 to 3000 rpm through all gears I am also feeling this a little through the floor boards although the insulation and carpet is masking it. I put the truck in park and rev'd up the motor to 3000rpm and didn't notice any vibration so my guess it is in the drive line somewhere. It's been to the dealer once so far for this issue and they adjusted some clamp so they say. I plan on taking it back to the dealer soon again for this. Just want to know if you all have any ideas on this. The truck has the in-line 5 cylinder
Jlando

This vehicle is pretty new so not much info is out yet, only advise I can give is looking at 08 H3 there was a bulletin for replacing the intermediate shaft for the same problem. Gm has not experenced enough problems with the 09 models yet. There is a good chance that this might be the problem.

Brian 1
What exactly is an intermediate shaft and it's location on the truck?

Jlando
What exactly is an intermediate shaft and where is it located on the truck? Thanks for your help on this.

Jlando
It's located at the bottom of the steering coloumn, it runs throught the firewall above the gas and brake pedal. It's a shaft that goes from the steering coloumn to the rack and pinion.

Brian 1
I really can't see this being the problem because when I let off of the gas pedal and the rpms decrease the vibration goes away. When the vehicle is above 3000 rpm it seems to mellow out a bit. The vibration is noticed at 2500 to 3000 rpm no matter what speed you are at. I guess anything is possible.

Jlando
I did not say that this was definitly the problem, there is a bulletin out for the 08 hummer model there is no bulletins out for 09 models yet, but the problems you describe fit the bulletin. The bulletin outlines knock/vibration in the steering wheel, floor board and gas pedal. I know this bulletin is for 08 not 09 but it can still experence this problem. This vehicle is still very new and without driving it trying to solve it is alot harder. This it just a suggestion.I've been a GM tech for 18 years and I've fixed alot of very very odd problems. Anything is possible. If you do get this fixed please post back with what fixed it.

Brian 1
I appreciate your help with this and I will keep you posted on what the dealership says and does to fix this issue again thank you for your time.

Jlando