PROBLEM WITH FRONT AXLE.

2006 Hummer H3

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2006 Hummer H3 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 56,150 miles

My H3 started pulling to the right a week or so ago & I can hear it whine a little while driving. But, my main concern is the fact that it will slow the vehicile down when I turn it steep.(Right or Left) When pulling out from a stop with wheels turned I really have to give more gas than normal. I took to a shop today they said the wheel bearings where fine and couldn't see any mechanical problem. They said it was due to tires, tread depth getting low. All same size tires, fronts wore slightly worse than back. Any suggestion or help would be great.
La2000cali

If it feels like it is binding when turning, and there is some feedback in the steering wheel, it is stuck in four wheel hi lock. Try shifting it to four wheel hi lock, and see if anything changes. The transfer cases were manufactured with a plastic mode fork, and that can wear over time. Once it wears, it no longer can keep the case in four wheel open, and what your feeling is the front wheels trying to spin at one with the rear. On surfaces with some slippage, you notice this as traction. On surfaces with grip, you notice it as scrubbing. The front tires in turns, spin at different speeds as one another, and together spin at a different propshaft speed as the rear. Four wheel open range is about a 60/40 split front/rear, in four high lock it is 50/50.

Factoryjack